Ich bin eine existenzielle Künstlerin, ich habe Malen gelernt, um für mich und meine kubanische Familie zu sorgen. Trotzdem hat es meine Seele so sehr berauscht, dass ich nach einem kreativen Tag der Arbeit kaum „auf die Erde zurück kommen“ kann
Barbara Padron Hernandez ist eine leidenschaftliche kubanische Künstlerin, die sich schnell als aufstrebendes Talent etabliert hat. Für Sie ist die Kunst ein ruhiger Ort, an dem sie ohne Grenzen oder Regeln sie selbst sein kann. Beeinflusst vom Impressionismus, Realismus, sowie der Barock- und Romantikkunst malt sie mit Acryl- und Ölfarbe, um sensible, detailreiche Darstellungen von Liebe und Herzschmerz zu erstellen.
The paintings of Barbara Padrón points at Society with sceptic criticism, a social Study in a manner of speaking, every little story symbols in a „dream way“ a form of expression of the daily Life, whatever catches Barbara´s attention will be filtered in her dreams and reconstructed in her Paintings, and many of the „dreams sequences“ just stay symbolic, as they were dreamed, causing a quite peculiar narration of events and opens throughout an spectacular curiosity, questioning, interest and involving of the viewers.
- Born on 28-11-1981 in Pinar del Rio Cuba.
- 1988- The young artist wins first award on a local Painting competition „ Vencimos en Girón“. Barbara starts studying henceforth besides her Regular school at the „School of art“ for children and wins several paint competitions.
- 1990- 1994- Barbara changes from the school of art to „Cultural House“ and sustains 4 years of basic Education in Art, Music, and Paint.
- April 2000- City transition.
- Barbara visits Stuttgart , she is unfortunately rejected to return to her Birth place after a prolongation of her Visa because of Communistic speculations, from now on Barbara is on her own, moves around the night scene in Stuttgart with her wooden suitcase, paints portraits at cafes and Bars for small pay or food, and resides at Friends, or sleeps at graveyards until she obtains a Job as a waitress to pay rent.
- 2002-2003- Free Study at the Privat Artschool P. Art“.
- June 2002- Exhibition at the Kunsthalle Kornwestheim“.
- 2004-2005- She starts Studying at the „Akademie der Bildenen künste in Stuttgart“ under Professor Opiolka wings, and takes part at several Exhibitions of the Art academy.
- April 2004- Exhibition at the „Hochschule der Medien“.
- November 2005- Collective Exhibition from the Kunstakademie at Möbeloase in Stuttgart Bad Cannstatt.
- 2006-2007-Exhibition at the Art assembler Cafe from Mr. Bernd Heidelbauer.
- Alone stand Exhibition at the cultural association Wagenhallen“.
- Barbara includes herself at the Avongarde Artistgroup wrestling-baby-neugott and takes part at different Art Performances, at
- Wilhemspalais, Staatsgalerie, and on the streets…
- 2013- Collective Exhibition at Wilhelmpalais with international Artists.
- 2015- Collective Exhibition at Kuboshow
Barbara is Cuban-German Contemporary painter known for her multilayered images that take inspiration from news media, classic films, history, and social media.
Born in 1981 in Pinar del Rio, Cuba.
Was it intuition or was it the cuban infrastructure with its daily narrative what made this child, see a simple paper sheet as a gateway to mind-escape to other dimensions?
From age 10 till 17 Barbara was actively participating in different local painting competitions, winning almost each of them.
The cultural House in Pinar del Rio, as much as La escuela de artes in the origin town, was a great starter for young child artists.
-There, through the found support, Barbara could establish a fundamental basis of knowledge around expressionism, showing great creative confidence, when speaking the language of art.
„School arts in Cuba are really very helpful and kind“ ( Barbara remembers ).
– A life changing matter happened at the age of 18 when Barbara changed her domicile into Germany, in the year 2000.
Despite the contrast of culture,
Barbara saw here, a well chance of expanding her art and creating in order to help her family in Cuba.
-„There’s such a strong energy through the history on this ground, it gives me shivers sometimes and I can work with that“.- she remembers thinking.
Barbara attended about all kind of side jobs, keeping always an eye and working ( when time allowed ) on her Art.
Collecting evidence of life and development the way she saw or felt it.
Now the artist has arrived at a phenomenal stage in her life,
Be it about composition/ singing skills, as much as in the world of figurative depiction.
She works conscious with the subconscious, letting the observer jump into at first, kind of peculiar dream-like stories.
Wether they are dreamed or visioned, memories from the Communist period which was part of her youth, cut out of the daily, or just left to the coincidental -matter of the accidental and its wonderful metabolism.
Freeing in that way, herself from all conventions and rules in art.
The painter uses: the colour palette- as a foundation for the canvas that will later be colorise into shapes and stories awaiting to be told.
Barbara now creates fictional settings by editing images and using the process of painting to create an open space where: interplay with memory may have its stage.
„They should all provoke an almost forgotten feeling“.
„I wanna awake, remind, or heal, in me as much as in others“.
Each painting carries a small story of a huge summary of memories that reveals in some cases even true events of Barbara´s life.
-Some series of pictures deal with the effects of colonial and post-colonial escalations of abuse of power and the psycho-social consequences for society.
Here the focus is on the oppressive societies as well as the oppressed communities.
The image compositions and the combination of her painting techniques, illustrate this double perspective: based on the great European masters, the image structure is repeatedly broken up by organic, mystical and surreal elements that arise from colonised communities and give expression to their experiences.
In this way, the image compositions are withdrawn from Eurocentric aesthetics and analysis.
Recurring forms, figures and symbols intervene here, which are contextualised anew from painting to painting and thus reevaluated.
The meaning of the picture lays often in the title, not necessarily
in the picture“ itself.
There will be also some fantastic abstracts works upcoming!